Origin of "G":
"Genevieve," was named after the Patron Saint of Paris, France–St. Geneviève. Today, she is known as "G." Easy to say and spell.
History of GCommunications:
- The company started as Genuine Communications in 1996.
- It was rebranded to GCommunications in 2009.
- GCommunications–a media & promotions company–prepares & launches clients into the media, consumer, and industry spotlights by using storytelling strategies to attract the right exposure.
PASSION for promoting people & making them successful.
EXPERIENCE with over 22 years as an award-winning journalist, TV producer & on-air host and reporter. World-famous celebrities and renowned experts have been interviewed & coached for local and national television, including CTV, YTV, Nicklelodeon, Global Television, Discovery Channel, Slice Network, HGTV, Animal Planet and NBC, and print outlets in Canada and the U.S.
KNOWLEDGE in all areas of the media profession including Who to approach? What sells? When to pitch the media? Where clients would receive the most attention? Why the media spotlight is important? And How to attract journalists?
CHARACTER/PERSONALITY that is founded on sharp perception, a go-getter attitude, strong work ethics, integrity, fun & professionalism.
VISION aimed at providing purpose, direction, & motivation to clients.
Ryerson University Alumni Achievement Awards:
September 18, 2008
Back Row Left to Right: Anthony Biglieri, Ryerson Grad`83; Adam Kahan, Ryerson VP of University Advancement; Richard B. Wright, Ryerson Grad `59; Ann L. Fox, Ryerson Grad `85; Bill Dover, Ryerson Grad `62; Sheldon Levy, Ryerson President
- Bachelor of Journalism Honours Degree: Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada (1989)
- First TV job: CFTO-TV (CTV) for The Dini Petty Show in Toronto, Canada (1989)
- Writer, reporter, producer for TV: news, magazine, entertainment, current affairs and talk-shows in Canada & the U.S. (1989 to 2008)
- Convocation Speaker: Ryerson University Faculty of Communications & Design (June 7, 2007)
- President: Ryerson Journalism Alumni Association (1998 to 2008)
- Recipient: Ryerson University Outstanding Alumni Volunteer Award (September 18, 2008--presented by the University President)
- Convocation Speaker: St. Joseph’s Morrow Park High School (June 24, 2009)
- Grad Panel Speaker: Knightsbridge Human Capital in Toronto, Canada (June 9, 2009 & September 15, 2009)
- Recognized for mentoring at-risk youth: Costi Employment Services (October 2009)
- Speaker: Knightsbridge Human Capital--“Making Passions Work for You” --a seminar based on a personal journey from employee to entrepreneur (May 2010)
- Nominated for New Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Women in Television and Communications (2009)
- Managing Editor: Solomag.com—an online lifestyle magazine for single, professional women (2008 to present)
Geneviève, Producer Roland Borchert,
and The Lieutenant Governor of Ontario The Honourable David C. Onley